cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Vaults from Centera to DX6000

Virtody
Level 2

Hi,

I am looking at moving my current Vault from my EMC Centera to Dell DX6000.  Is there a specific process to achieve this or is it a matter of copying the contents and changing the location within the SQL database???

Thanks all :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

that's correct. move archive or 3rd party tools such as TransVault only target archived email. you'll need to use the native tool, fsautil, to migrate your fsa

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SGF
Level 3

Migrating from Centera to another platform is not an easy task. If the amount of data is less, you can use the "Move Archive" feature of EV. Else you will have to look at 3rd party tools to achieve this.

Even I am looking forward to Symantec to include some tools to achieve this migration in their future versions. They have tools to migrate from NTFS to Centera but not from Centera to NTFS. We have 100s of TB of data that needs to be moved from Centera.

Virtody
Level 2

Yeah its really small at the moment, less than 5TB.  Therefore, is the Move Archive feature easily enough??  What other tools are available (third party)???

SGF
Level 3

AFAIK, Move archive is gonna take considerable time to migrate TB size of data. It is primarily designed to move user mailbox archives.

For 3rd party tools, you can consider "Archive Shuttle".

There is another named TransVault, but I'm not sure whether that supports Centera or not.

AndrewB

If it's mailbox archives that you're looking to move then TransVault can do it. Feel free to PM me and I can help you get more info.

Virtody
Level 2

Thanks - there is File and Email archiving so looking for a method to do both.  I am guessing the Move Archive method will only do Email (mailboxes).

AndrewB

that's correct. move archive or 3rd party tools such as TransVault only target archived email. you'll need to use the native tool, fsautil, to migrate your fsa