cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a file server to new Vault - again

vtvv11
Level 3

I have a new problem with a fully restored file server, that has been attached to a completely new, separate Enterprise Vault 9 system.

After figuring out old archive point problem (described here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/moving-file-server-new-vault) I faced a new problem.

The restored files (well, most of them) have attributes O and P in place, with information that they are already archived. However, they are fully restored files, not placeholders. For example the properties "Size" and "Size on disk" are exactly the same, and there hasn't been anything archived on the new Vault server.

Now when I run File System Archiving task on the server (in report mode), it ignores most of the files, since the server thinks they are already archived. About some files i get errors in FSA report log "This is not a valid placeholder file. Ignoring this file. Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)". Well, of course it is not a valid placeholder file, because it is not a placeholder at all.

Is there a way to clear this incorrect information from files? Thank you already in advance, all help is more than welcome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gonz
Level 5
Employee

Hello vtvv11

I would suggest to open a case with support as we have a tool available for detecting when a file has the attribute offline set, but is not anymore a placeholder.

Running the indicated tool should solve your problem. FSAFixOffline is the name of the tool.

Kind regards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gonz
Level 5
Employee

Hello vtvv11

I would suggest to open a case with support as we have a tool available for detecting when a file has the attribute offline set, but is not anymore a placeholder.

Running the indicated tool should solve your problem. FSAFixOffline is the name of the tool.

Kind regards.

vtvv11
Level 3

Thanks for information, I just opened a support case.