cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving an Exchange mailbox - any impact to archiving?

jgirotto
Level 4
I moved my Exchange mailbox from EXCHRV1 to EXCHRV2. I then tried to manually archive items and it they were stuck in a pending state.

I then tried synchronizing my mailbox. This is when I noticed that the Mailbox Archiving task for EXCHRV1 still thinks it has my mailbox. My mailbox did not show on EXCHRV2 where I am currently located.

I ran the provisioning task, thinking that would sort things out. Then I checked my Mailbox Archiving tasks again and my mailbox was in the right place. So, I synchronized it. However, my items are still stuck in pending and new one I try to vault are become stuck in pending. I can retrieve though.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Jeff

Message Edited by jgirotto on 03-20-2008 03:28 PM
4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Jeff,

What is your safety copy strategy?  Are the Exch Mbx Task on the same EV server?

jgirotto
Level 4
We aren't currently keeping safety copies.

Our mailbox archiving tasks are all on the same EV server.

Would these two things change how Enterprise Vault reacts to an Exchange mailbox move of a user?

Thanks for your help,
Jeff

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
Check the MSMQ outgoing queue - anything there??

If you move to a new EV server, your storage is still done onthe original server, and MSMQ's are used to pass the A1 message back - take a look and prob best to log a support case

jgirotto
Level 4
I tried again this morning and vaulting worked. Not sure what runs to correct that, but apparently it does correct itself after day.

Jeff