cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving archived items into an archived Public Folder

GMTX
Level 3

I've searched and found a couple of posts about what happens when you move an archived item (shortcut) into a PF, but I'm seeing behavior that I'm not sure I understand, so I'm hoping someone can clarify.

If I copy a shortcut from a my mailbox to a new (empty) public folder, enable the PF for archviing, and then run the PF archiving task, should the shortcuts show up in a search or archive explorer view of the PF?

I just did that - created a new Public Folder and copy/pasted three shortcuts from my Inbox to the PF. Enabled the folder for archiving and then ran the PF archiving task. Tried to use Search Vaults for the items I had copied into the new PF. Nothing. Opened Archive Explorer, expanded "Public Folders", clicked on the new folder I had just created (that should have the three items I had copied in it), and it's empty. When back to Outlook, navigated to the new PF and all three shortcuts are there and I can open them.

What am I missing? Is this not supported?

Thanks,

Geoff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

you have to restore items then move them in to a public folder

or if you want to move items out of a public folder to a mailbox or another public folder you will have to restore and let it rearchive

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

you have to restore items then move them in to a public folder

or if you want to move items out of a public folder to a mailbox or another public folder you will have to restore and let it rearchive

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

GMTX
Level 3

Arghhh. OK, more user training to do then.

Thanks for the quick response.

Geoff

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

JW2 is right... "modifiable metadata" as it's often turned, which is processing of moved archived items, is for mailbox only right now.

Working for cloudficient.com