cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving messages in Archive explorer

Aaron_Heid
Level 4
I have a user who deletes all of her archived links in Outlook and just uses archive explorer in to view her archived email.  She wants to re-organize her archived mail but when you right click on an item in archive explorer there are no option to move.  I do not see any other buttons or toolbars that would give me this option.  Does anyone know if it is possible to move archive items in archive explorer???
2 REPLIES 2

Philip_Hagan
Level 4
In order to allow for items to be moved in Archive Explorer, Evault must be configured to allow users to delete items from the archive.

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
Archive Explorer is a graphical reflection of the items location at the time of archive.  It is showing you what the index sees.    You can't move items around in the view that you see in AE.  The move option you can get when right clicking is moving the original item from storage to the mailbox.  It deletes the stored item.  It does not move the vaulted item to a new view location.  You would have to restore the message and archive again from the new location to "move" it.