cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSF Archive to EV

acuddihee
Level 2
I recently performed a Notes to Exchange migration but did not migrate any of the users’ .nsf archive files.  All the users are now on Exchange 2007 and are being archived with EV.  I would now like to “import” the remaining .nsf archives to EV and populate Exchange mailboxes with the corresponding EV shortcuts resulting from the import. 
I know I can use the NSF Migration Tool to import the .nsf archives to a corresponding EV Archive but I am not sure if there will be any issues resulting from the fact that the users no longer have Notes accounts on the Domino server.
I understand I will have to manually associate the .nsf with the appropriate EV Archive but I do not know if there are any other steps that need to be performed (outside of the standard procedure detailed in the “Migrating NSF Files using Symantec Enterprise Vault” documentation) in order to populate the users’ Exchange mailbox with EV shortcuts the imported mail items.

Any information/guidance on this would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi  acuddihee,

That would work perfectly and reduce all the extra admin activity.  Just watch out if you are using Exchange Quotas. If you do consider removing them or setting only a warning with some aggressive archiving. If you do not use Exchange Quotas then nothing to worry about :)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Hi acuddihee,

You out of luck here.. You cannot create shortcuts from NFS files into an Exchange Mailbox.

You would need to convert the NFS files into MSG and get them into Exchange first alternatively you could get them from NFS --> MSG --> PST then import the PSTs.

If you speaking about a lot of data and need a hand developing a tool, please feel free to contact myself or Tony Seterling.

acuddihee
Level 2
Thanks for the quick response Wayne.

If I cannot directly import mail items from an NSF file into EV and have the items accessible via EV shortcut in Exchange, could I just  use the MS Transporter Suite to migrate the NSF file to Exchange and bypass the NFS --> MSG --> PST process?

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Hi  acuddihee,

That would work perfectly and reduce all the extra admin activity.  Just watch out if you are using Exchange Quotas. If you do consider removing them or setting only a warning with some aggressive archiving. If you do not use Exchange Quotas then nothing to worry about :)