Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need confirmation concerning "server-driven PST migration"

Zenworks2001
Level 5
Hi,
Here're my policies related to server-driven PST migration:

- PST Migration policy > delete the PST file (Post migration)
- Exchange Mailbox Policy  >  Advanced > Outlook > Remove PST entries  with value = 1 (remove if PST has been deleted)

2 questions:
- Can someone confirm that if a PST file migrated with status "Complete" BUT containing items not "eligible for archiving" (read receipt,...) is always deleted (and so removed from Outlook profile)

- PST file with status "Migration failed"  (PST with password or PST more then 1.8GB and with ANSI format) remains in read-only access.

Many thanks for your feedback
Kr,
1 REPLY 1

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
With regards to the first question .. it depends.

What do you have in your policy with regards to shortcut creation?  If you have "yes in the mailbox" then any ineligible items, and the shortcuts will be moved from the PST to the mailbox and the PST will be deleted (and removed from Outlook).  With regards to "no", I am afraid I've not tested to see what that does with the ineligible items.  And if you have opted to leave shortcuts in the PST, then the PST will obviously not be deleted, and removed.

Migration failed PSTs should stay as read-only yes.  Giving you the chance to correct any problem, and retry the migration.

Hope that helps,
Working for cloudficient.com