Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New archiving from old Mailboxes

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

I just received following demand from my legal department :

Delete the archive from an user  .....no Problem I can do it in the VAC

Re-archive his mailbox ....would a ZAP Mailbox be enough to remove the archived flag ? because of course all which is in the mailbox as to be archived.

I know that with Zapping, you delete everything out of the mailbox as regards to Enterprise Vault, all settings, all custom settings, all permissions and stuff.But does this include archived flag and archived date ?

Thanks for your help

Sandrine

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Sandrine,

Zapping only removes the hidden message from the mailbox, not the rest. To make sure everything in the mailbox is archived (again), I would do the below:

Disable user for archiving. Zap mailbox. Run provisioning. Enable user for archiving, assign new archive. Then set registry key IgnoreEVDates and IgnoreEVDatesEnd. I am not sure what to set at IgnoreEVDates, my guess is 3. I also am not sure what to set for the 2nd one, I would set it to either yesterday's date, or to 1/1/1900.

Run archiving task manually. When you have everything you need from this mailbox, remove or disable the 2 keays again. You don't want these active during a normal scheduled run.

Regards. Gertjan

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Thank you Gertjan,

I'll try this and see if it works according to what they expect.

I assume this reg key have to be see on the archiving server not the one hosting the store.

Sandrine

Hallo Gertjan,

Can you give me an example of the date because I don't manage it.

Thank you Sandrine

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Sandrine,

According to the registry guide, the format would need to be: yyyyMMddThh:mm:ssZ

I never used this myself, so I am not sure how it would work, you might need to ask support?

Regards. Gertjan