cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough space to complete collection of files

EV_Wanabee
Level 4

Hello,

I have just today created a new EV partition and closed off a 1TB active parition which has 20GB free space left on the NTFS volume. According to the Admin guide it is required that you have 1 percent free space so that the collection process can continue to run.  However, despite having 2% available I have just seen this message today:

There is not enough disk space to complete compaction of Collection files.

Partition root path: J:\Vault Stores\Oxford1 Ptn1

Required disk space: 100 KB

Available disk space for compaction: 0 KB

Total free disk space: 20608504 KB

Every day prior to this the collection has run absolutely fine, but now that the partition is CLOSED it seems to be failing. This is exactly the same issue we have on our oldest partition which has about 1.4% free.  i decided to leave 2 % on this occasion and that would be the point at which I would close it but the same issue seems to be occuring now. I realise these are quite large partitions, and future ones will be quite a bit smaller, but even so it does not seem to be adhering to the Enterprise Vault stipulations of required space.

Any ideas?

EV 7.0 SP4

50MB CAB files collected after 3 months

Tom

2 REPLIES 2

beta_dodo
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

I would get a dtrace of storagefilewatch and reproduce the issue (for example start the dtrace just before collection processing begins).  I've got a feeling perhaps some performance counter we are using is not correct(but that's just a guess)

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Could be the Free Space Monitoring of the Admin Service.

Try to set this registry key:

(only for testing, this should *not* be implemented permanently)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

\SOFTWARE
\KVS
\Enterprise Vault
\AdminService

Key: NoMonitor

DWORD

0 — Monitor resources

1 — Do not monitor resources

Set it to 0 and restart services.

Then test again.

If it is working afterwards, then you might want to set the space monitoring feature to Monitor for free space by MB, not by Percent.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.