cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notes Mail template is not updating properly

Talon_2
Level 3

Hi,

I am new to Enterprise Vault, but everything appears to be working, except the templates are not updating in my email files completely.  I am using the Standard Notes 7 template.  I have replaced the design with the ones created by the evinstall.nsf, but nothing appears in the mail file except "About Enterprise Vault"  when I click on this, it has "Full cleint: Enabled", "Retrieve Shortcuts:Enabled".  But that is the only difference that I can see in my mail file.  I get no shortcut Icons, no tools, nothing.  The archiving appears to be working, as everything runs with no errors, and it strips attachments out, but because the shortcuts are not created, I am not able to get the attachments back. I am running on 7.03, but I have also tried 8.01 and that did not seem to work either.  Please let me know how I can successfully update my mail file templates, or if possible, can someone send me an updated working template?  I can create new email files using a working template if that is possible.  I tried getting the hotfix required for 7.02, but when I contacted Lotus they told me to just use 7.03.  Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited

You can ignore these "warnings" about duplicates as mentioned in the readmefirst_en.html.

But the error you get when opening the Install db sounds strange. Maybe that's the problem.

What happens if you open it in a Version 8 Notes client? I would try this and run it again. (you need to remove the created files first).

To be sure: The user was enabled properly in EV?

Another thought would be to have a eye on EV SP3 before proceeding. There are some new cool features available as Offline Vault and nsf migration.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Talon

Did you get any errors when running the EVInstall.nsf? please check the logs again!

Is there nothing more under the tab "About Enterprise Vault"? (like visible actions/archive Server...)

What do you see under the Tools Button?

BTW: what ev version do you use?

Talon_2
Level 3

Oops.  I should have included the Vault version.  I am using 2007 sp2. 

Yes I got some errors in the Notes log.nsf, here they are:

08/07/2008 09:43:42 AM  Database ev_Mail7.ntf created by Archive Admin

08/07/2008 09:44:21 AM  Attempt by CN=Archive Admin to create duplicate template StdR7Mail in database D:\data\ev_Mail7.ntf - rejected.
08/07/2008 09:44:21 AM  Attempt by CN=Archive Admin to create duplicate template StdR7Mail in database D:\data\ev_Mail7.ntf - rejected.
08/07/2008 09:44:26 AM  Database ev_dwa7.ntf created by Archive Admin/WAGSTAFF
08/07/2008 09:45:07 AM  Attempt by CN=Archive Admin to create duplicate template dwa7 in database D:\data\ev_dwa7.ntf - rejected.
08/07/2008 09:45:07 AM  Attempt by CN=Archive Admin to create duplicate template dwa7 in database D:\data\ev_dwa7.ntf - rejected.

I don't know why I am getting this error, as Archive Admin has  "Create Master Templates" access on both servers.

Note: I also get an error just launching evinstall.nsf before I can even run it: "Empty parentheses not legal on: EVINSTALLVERSION

Under The Tools Button, I have nothing.  The only way I can even tell that the email template has been replaced is the Action->About Enterprise Vault.  There are no buttons or actions.  This is the only change that shows up in the mail file.  I have checked the design, and other elements are present, but they do not show up.

Thanks for your time!

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited

You can ignore these "warnings" about duplicates as mentioned in the readmefirst_en.html.

But the error you get when opening the Install db sounds strange. Maybe that's the problem.

What happens if you open it in a Version 8 Notes client? I would try this and run it again. (you need to remove the created files first).

To be sure: The user was enabled properly in EV?

Another thought would be to have a eye on EV SP3 before proceeding. There are some new cool features available as Offline Vault and nsf migration.

Talon_2
Level 3

Yes I figured I could ignore those, that is why I didn't include them in my original post. 

Actually I am getting those opening errors on an 8.0.1 client.  Funny thing is, I have tried to install it on a 7.0.3 client and get the same errors, but when I tried it on a 7.0.2 client, I did not get the errors, but it still did not work, or did not appear to modify the mail template any more than the other installs.  Does the EV S3 contain a new version of evinstall?  Maybe the version I have is corrupt or something?  I don't know.  Everything seems to run fine, with no errors, I can see that the templates have been modifed, but they just don't do anything. 

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Yes, EVInstall was modified in SP3.

What domino server version you are running on the EV Domino Gateway?

is this all correct?

- The user was provisioned and enabled, a archive was created in EV

- Archivig works and it creates shortcuts (or strips attachments)

- you do not see the black icon representing a shortcut

- you do not see any buttons

my offer: send me a private message containing your email.

Talon_2
Level 3
Yes, all you said is correct.  The server Version on both the mail server and the archive servers are 7.0.3.  I am currently using the 8.0.1 client.  With the same results.  Thinking of updating the archive server to 8.0.1 if that is what I need to do, but would prefer not to.

Talon_2
Level 3

Fixed.  Even though the documentation clearly states that EV2007 is compatible with Notes 7.0.3, it did not work for me.  I installed EV2007 SP3, as you recommended, and the first thing that evinstall.nsf reported when I tried to launch it was "you must use 7.0.2 or 8.0, so I upgraded to 8.0.1 and the evinstall.nsf took about 5X longer to run, and worked after the run was complete.  I hope Symantec updates their documentation, so others can avoid this frustration.  Thanks for your help!!

Talon

AL15
Level 4

hi, i have an simular issue:

i use domino 702 with HF693, notes 702 with HF691and EV2007 SP4

i can perform the evinstall process without any server message - the mail7 and dwa6

template are working fine but the dwa7 template ist not updated correctly - it only

contains some ev agents but not actions or view modifications!?

I also tried to install Domino 8.0.2 and Notes 8.0.2 Basic but i got the same result...

Has anyone a tip how to solve this because our custom template  is build on the dwa7 template.

thanks

AL