Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV FSA vs. Security updates from Microsoft

ZDP
Level 3
Partner

Hi

Are there any recommendations regarding microsoft security updates for a EV-server? I have heard that automatic updates should be turned off, but I cant find any whitepaper och official statement in this matter. Could someone help me clarfiy this, it would be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

ZDP
Level 3
Partner

Seems tough to get a clarification.. how about input from other users then, how often are you applying security patches, and when updating, do you update all released or what?

Regards

//Daniel

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

ZDP,

As with any system software change, you'll ideally want to test this in your lab environment.

What I can tell you from my experience is that each organization I've worked for has its own philosophies when it comes to patching. It's usually not open for deviation unless a vendor has released specific guidelines for their product.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Daniel,

We generally find that OS patches are ofen OK. When it comes to EV the one to watch is the office updates.

Example

SP3 for office is not supported in EV7.5 Sp3.

Office Security update modified the reg key to show office version to look like SP3 EV complained and kicked lots of errors