Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA 2007 URL for Archive Explorer and Search Vault redirction

Paul_Visser
Level 3
Partner
hi,

We are working with EV2007sp2 and Exchange 2007.
No i'm running into a problem that, when we use owa 2007 (forms-based), and hit the Archive Explorer or Search Vault button. It wants to connect to the intern server instead of using the webmail site.

like the website is webmail.oursite.nl, the EV server is evserver01.oursite.nl. So Explorer an Search are conecting to evserver01.oursite.nl instead of webmail.oursite.nl.

The documentation say's that this is by default, in combination with OWA2007, it direct directly to de ev server.

With owa 2003, you were able to use the proxy setting, so it redirects and uses a EnterpriseVaultProxy. This is not available anymore for OWA 2007.

Does anybody has a solution for this, or need i just to publish my internal EV server to the public internet? Thats a security risk. Is there a work around?

Regards
Paul

8 REPLIES 8

Jason_2
Level 3

Hi Paul,

I am having the same problem now.

Any update / solution about that?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Jason

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

This is not possible AFAIK.

You will have to publish the Server to the Internet when using OWA2007 to get Search/AE working.

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Paul_Visser
Level 3
Partner

Hi Jason,

there is no solution for this. You can only use archive and search when you publish the EV server to the internet. I have spoken to Symantec, they said that in future release this will be solved. The engineer expected sp3 voor ev2007, but it's not in it :(

Regards,

Paul Visser 

jpriddy
Level 4

I have a case open for this very issue.  EV within OWA and RPC/HTTPS works great inside our firewall, but not outside.  I had our firewall engineer allow all outside access to port 80 on our EV server so that all requests would get through.  I can actually see the requests hitting the EV server, and the IIS logs on the EV server show that a connection was made when I try to access Archive Explorer, but it logs a 401.2 which means unauthorized - logon failed due to server configuration.  So the server is actively denying me rather than the firewall.  If I just http://servername from the outside, I get the under construction page.  I created a new test virtual directory and threw in a blank html page, and was able to access that from outside the firewall.

Symantec keeps insisting that the "url" has to be published and this is the only way, but I'm allowing all http so that shouldn't matter...

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Are you using ISA Firewall?

You need to enable authentication delegation there.

Are your users seeing any login prompts?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jpriddy
Level 4

No ISA, just a PIX

jpriddy
Level 4
Is ISA the only way?  They really ought to mention that if it is

Paul_Visser
Level 3
Partner

ISA is not the only way, but Symantec has a taken ISA as an example. If you use another firewall then ISA, you can use the manual and convert the explanations into your own firewall policies.