cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA extension not work for users in different mailstore

Leo_Wan
Level 5
I've installed OWA extension on both FE and BE and it seems working fine with users that located under one of the mailstore. However, I then enable archive for another group of users which is located under another mailstore, everything seems working fine except the OWA extension is not working. User cannot open the archive item or even cannot find the published icons on the OWA toolbar. Any idea?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

RVD
Level 5
Partner
Hi Leo,

Last week, I also opened a case by Symantec for an OWA issue we have at one our customers.
During the troubleshooting, the Symantec engineer told me that, when working with multible mailbox stores,  the Backend2003setup script should be run for every existing mailstore on the server. Otherwise only users in the default 'Mailbox store' will have the OWA functionality. Of course, this means that the wsf script needs to be run manually with specific parameters, like :

"cscript backend2003setup.wsf /formregmbx:SystemMailbox(1234-12234-87652833)"

=> the number is just an example, you must use the real hex number of the different SystemMailboxes you have.
This is just a hint from my side. To be sure, just open a case at Symantec. They have all information about this.

Cheers,

Rudy

Reginald_D_Souz
Level 4
Is a system mailbox required per mailstore or per exchange server in this case?
If anyone has logged a case can you give the exact syntax for this command.

Leo_Wan
Level 5
Thanks Ruby. You're right! I log a support call and the support advise me to do the same thing. The exact command that I'm using is:

cscript /formreg /formregmbx:SystemMailbox{C7D50A76-9876-1234-66FD-DDEEFF78DE43} /formregdom:abc.com

Reginald_D_Souz
Level 4
Hi Leo,
Does this command which you have posted run across all the mailstores at the same time? What if you create another mailstore after you run this command

Leo_Wan
Level 5
Hi Reginald,

Normally, you only have to run the script from the icon without any specific parameters. This command is only required when you experience error, which the log show the system mailbox for that mailstore cannot be found:

3/26/2007 11:01:32 PM : Info    : ConfigureInformationStores           : Configuring mailbox information store: MailStoreA
3/26/2007 11:01:32 PM : Debug   : ConfigureInformationStores           : Mailbox information store dn: CN=MailStoreA,CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=MAILSERVER,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=domain,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com
3/26/2007 11:01:32 PM : Debug   : ConfigureMailboxInfoStore            : Registering for info store: CN=MailStoreA,CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=MAILSERVER,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=domain,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com
3/26/2007 11:01:32 PM : Debug   : ConfigureMailboxInfoStore            : System mailbox LDAP query: <LDAP://DC=domain,DC=com>;(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(displayName=SystemMailbox{*)(homeMDB=CN=MailStoreA,CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=MAILSERVER,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=domain,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com));displayName,proxyAddresses;subTree
3/26/2007 11:01:32 PM : Debug   : ConfigureMailboxInfoStore            : Found 0 matching system mailbox(es)

When you create additional mailstore, yes, you need to rerun the script. You can try the standard way or run using the command that I just mentioned.