Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA performance - EV 8 SP2 and Exchange 2003

EugeneH
Level 3
Partner
Hi All,

I'm looking for some guidance or validation regarding performance with OWA 2003.

I have the following setup;

Exchange 2003 Front End
Exchange 2003 Back End

EV 8.0 SP2 on Windows 2003 SP2

OWA performance either on the internal network or from the Internet is fast, non archived items open immediately.  However, archived items in the mailbox (stubs) can take up to 10 seconds to open.   Also, when using Search Vault or Archive Explorer items take between 10 and 20 seconds.

From the desktop client (Windows XP SP2) items open almost instantly, I do have vault Cache enabled though...... 

What sort of performance should I expect to see?  Am I being over expectant of the performance of the OWA add-ins?  Also can I compare OWA 2003 performance to that of OWA 2007?

Thanks,

Eugene.
1 REPLY 1

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Pretty quick...

That's pretty quick considering the process that the shortcuted items go through in order to be retrieved.  Remember to open that item we make a request to temporarily restore the item to the deleted items folder of the end-user, and once we've kicked off that request we then poll that folder for the message being restored there (the polling is at fixed intervals), once it's there we display it.

If I remember correctly the process is the same in OWA 2003 and OWA 2007, though performance is likely to differ slightly.

Hope that helps,
Working for cloudficient.com