cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Vault (6SP3) Installation ??

todd_richert
Level 2
Ok ... I think I am blind as I have paged through about 500 pages of manuals, threads and whitepages and have been unable to find a clear step by step on how to enable offline vault.

I went to my default policy and enabled offline vault for all users .. synched all mailboxes. Opened outlook on a client computer (yes it has offline folders enabled, outlook 2002 sp3), the OVEnable 1 key automatically apperared in the registry.

However Tools-Enterprise vault has no offline vault options, ctrl-shift clicking a button the Reset vault button is grayed out.

What am i missing? Thanks in advance !
6 REPLIES 6

Alan_M
Level 6
With Outlook Offline Folders (as opposed to cached Exchange mode in Outlook 2003) you need to make the client work offline in order to start the initial Offline Vault sync. This is a little counter intuitive but once you have done this initially the vault will sync consistently.

So try this. While connected to the LAN take Outlook into an Offline State. Close and re-open Outlook still working Offline and see if the Offline Vault menu item appears. Once you enable OV from the menu the next restart of Outlook should start the OV wizard (if you have enabled this) and you should be good to go.

todd_richert
Level 2
I appreciate the help .. if i go into offline mode, and connect, under tools i no longer have an enterprise vault option ..

Alan_M
Level 6
I may be mis-remembering the sequence but here is a KB article which basically says the same thing. http://support.veritas.com/docs/284376

Also check that within Outlook you have selected folders to be enabled for Offline use.

todd_richert
Level 2
No .. in offline mode i do not have any Evault buttons to ctrl-shift click on, there is no tools enterprise vault menu in offline mode.

In online mode ctrl-shift clicking the reset option is grayed out and in tools enterprise vault there is no offline vault settings option.

Is there an additional client above and beyond the user extenstions that need be installed?? Why is this so difficult ?

todd_richert
Level 2
Anyone have any ideas ?

6SP3 .. the latest user extensions are on the client , the policy has OV enabled for all users, looking in the registry i see that its enabled .. but theres nothing under tools enterprise vault about ovault ..

patrickkuah
Level 6
Is this issue occurred on all users?
Can you do a diagnostic client tracing and past the log here?

PK