cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Vault sync - global settings..

Allan_Melsen
Level 3
I'm sitting with a rather annoying problem...

As it is now, we are using offline vaults so people can syncronize that and have a local copy... The problem is that the use has to manually themselves enable the offline vault setting in their outlook and configure it to automatically download items when they are online.

I was looking through the exchange policy and cannot find ANY place where I can set this as the default setting for all archive enabled users...

Can anyone please tell me how I do this?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Allan_Melsen
Level 3
ack... noone knows how to do this? :(

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

Which Version of EV are you using?
I'd try the following:

In EV7+ you can set in the Exchange Policy, under "Advanced" -> "Offline Vault" -> "Show Setup Wizard: Off" as well as "Offline archive enabled state" -> "All users"

This should do the trick, I think.

If not, you could try to use Registry Keys on the Clients to do this.
The Keys are under HKCU\Software\KVS\EnterpriseVault\Client

You can find the Registry Key Guide (Registry_Values.chm) on the EV CD.

Regards
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Allan_Melsen
Level 3
Hi Michael, thanks for answering..

Sorry for forgetting to include version number... we're running version 7.0 with the latest service pack.

The configuration you're referring to is precisely how it already is configured....

Running out a GPO to make a registry change on all local machines that are archive enabled is naturally one way to do it.. and I was looking at the registry changes... but I can't seem to find the one that specifically sets the offline archive vault settings in outlook to download the items automatically...

Is that something you know perhaps?

Thanks.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Allan

I haven't used OV that much yet, so I can't say for sure, but I thought OV will download automatically.
There was a requirement once where you would need to go Offline in Outlook (but still having LAN Connection) to kick the process of, maybe you could try this?

Of course, this would violate your "no user interaction" requirement :(

I'll try this in my lab if I have got some spare time, I think this is a requirement for many customers.

Cheers
Michel

Message Edited by MichelZ on 11-16-2007 01:01 PM

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Allan_Melsen
Level 3
Ahh.. Fantastic Michel.... (sorry.. misread/misspelled your name before)

Unfortunately I have no testlab available to me... so I cant test it myself, but Im very grateful for your assistance in this matter...

Thanks again.