cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2010 SP1

Jason_G
Level 4
Certified

Hi, I know from the latest compatibility list that there is currently no support for Outlook 2010 SP1, I was just wondering about the likely timescales of this being supported?

We are currently running an EV9 SP1 back-end & EV9 SP2 HTTP only client with Outlook 2010.  We are hoping to deploy Office 2010 SP1 to our desktops asap as there may be numerous fixes included which may benefit us.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I can tell you it should be coming "soon", but we have encountered at least one issue (SearchProtocolHost.exe crashing lots of times) after the installation of Office 2010 SP 1.

So for now, you can either :-

a/ Wait

b/ Deploy but be aware that if you encounter any "odd" issues Support is likely to be limited.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I can tell you it should be coming "soon", but we have encountered at least one issue (SearchProtocolHost.exe crashing lots of times) after the installation of Office 2010 SP 1.

So for now, you can either :-

a/ Wait

b/ Deploy but be aware that if you encounter any "odd" issues Support is likely to be limited.

Jason_G
Level 4
Certified

Thanks very much for your reply Rob.  I've heard in the past that Symantec generally end up supporting new versions of things approx 3 months after release, just to set an expectation for my management team, would this be a fair assumption to make in this case?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The official stance is that Symantec will make support available 90 days after a major release or service pack of any of the core products (Office, Windows, exchange etc)

But that can sometimes be extended past the 90 days dependant on how complex the task is, for instance Exchange 2010 went past the 90 day mark but that was because there was a major design overhaul on the exchange side, and along with Outlook 2010 as they changed the way entire plugins needed to be written and interact with outlook (as well as the whole Ribbon change etc)

3 months though sounds like a pretty fair estimate as in that time frame you should see EV10 and possibly EV9 SP3 by those points

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Jason_G
Level 4
Certified

brilliant, thanks very much!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Generally 3 months yep..  not always though.. but that is the aim.