cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2010 and HTTP-Only Error

Sir_Topham_Hatt
Level 2

When attempting to install the Enterprise Vault HTTP-only Outlook Add-In 9.0.2, I receive an error message at the end of the installation saying I need to install the aformentioned product. 

The good news is, the product seems to install properly. The bad news is, the error is preventing me from deploying the software in an automated fashion since the MSI returns the installation as a failure. The product will not install silently, assumably because of this error.

My end goal is to get this deployed with Microsoft SCCM during an Operating System Deployment, but the error is causing the Task Sequence to fail.

The computer in question has a clean install of Windows 7 64bit and Office 2010.

Things I've tried to resolve it include:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sir_Topham_Hatt
Level 2

I solved my problem by redownloading the client, creating a new package on SCCM, and installing with

msiexec.exe /i "Symantec Enterprise Vault HTTP-Only Outlook Add-in-en.msi" /Q

Everything works now.

Thank you for checking with me though.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

patriot3w
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I'm using verison 10 add-in doesn't have this issue, do you have the MSI install log?

Thanks.

Sir_Topham_Hatt
Level 2

Well, you may have uncovered another clue.

I couldn't find my log, so I started up the computer today and ran the install again to generate one. It installed successfully, no error. So I installed it again on a second test machine I imaged yesterday. Again, it installed without error.

Delighted, I redeployed Windows to the machine from SCCM. Then I attempted to install EV again. The failure returned.

So, here's the installer log error secton in question. (I'd like to avoid posting the whole log if possible, as it is large and could possibly contain information that isn't public.)

MSI (s) (C0:E0) [22:03:52:081]: Doing action: FindRelatedProducts
Action 22:03:52: FindRelatedProducts. Searching for related applications
Action start 22:03:52: FindRelatedProducts.
MSI (s) (C0:E0) [22:03:52:081]: Machine policy value 'DisableUserInstalls' is 0
Action ended 22:03:52: FindRelatedProducts. Return value 1.
MSI (s) (C0:E0) [22:03:52:081]: Doing action: CheckOutlookVersion
Action 22:03:52: CheckOutlookVersion. 
Action start 22:03:52: CheckOutlookVersion.
MSI (s) (C0:E0) [22:03:52:081]: Note: 1: 2235 2:  3: ExtendedType 4: SELECT `Action`,`Type`,`Source`,`Target`, NULL, `ExtendedType` FROM `CustomAction` WHERE `Action` = 'CheckOutlookVersion' 
MSI (s) (C0:C8) [22:03:52:081]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI468B.tmp, Entrypoint: CheckOutlookVersion
1: Exported Function Begin: CheckOutlookVersion 
1: Checking for: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\OUTLOOK.EXE 
1: Reading Key:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\OUTLOOK.EXE, Value:, SAM:131609 
1: Result:0) 
1: Data found 
1: Checking version of: C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE 
1: File Version: 14.0.4760.1000 
MSI (s) (C0!E8) [22:03:52:113]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding OUTLOOK_VERSION property. Its value is '14.0.4760.1000'.
1: Exported Function End: CheckOutlookVersion 
1: Destructor 
Action ended 22:03:52: CheckOutlookVersion. Return value 1.
MSI (s) (C0:E0) [22:03:52:113]: Doing action: ErrOutlook14Installed
Action 22:03:52: ErrOutlook14Installed. 
Action start 22:03:52: ErrOutlook14Installed.
MSI (s) (C0:E0) [22:03:52:113]: Note: 1: 2235 2:  3: ExtendedType 4: SELECT `Action`,`Type`,`Source`,`Target`, NULL, `ExtendedType` FROM `CustomAction` WHERE `Action` = 'ErrOutlook14Installed' 
Outlook 2010 or later is installed on this computer. You must install the Enterprise Vault HTTP-Only Outlook Add-In.
MSI (s) (C0:E0) [22:03:53:783]: Product: Symantec Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In -- Outlook 2010 or later is installed on this computer. You must install the Enterprise Vault HTTP-Only Outlook Add-In.

Action ended 22:03:53: ErrOutlook14Installed. Return value 3.
Action ended 22:03:53: INSTALL. Return value 3.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Is that log from a 9.0.3 client installation? It sounds like you are deploying the DCOM MSI? I know that does not match your screenshot, but maybe ?.....
Working for cloudficient.com

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Did you do more work on this?  Is it still an issue?

Sir_Topham_Hatt
Level 2

I solved my problem by redownloading the client, creating a new package on SCCM, and installing with

msiexec.exe /i "Symantec Enterprise Vault HTTP-Only Outlook Add-in-en.msi" /Q

Everything works now.

Thank you for checking with me though.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad you have got it sorted out.