cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook client with EV9 on a Exchange 2003 and 2010 environment

OlafD
Level 5

We have EV 9 on a 2003 server running. We are in a co-existent Exchange 2003 and 2010 environment. Now I would like to add my 2010 mailbox servers to EV as well. I read that one of the first things is that you need Outlook 2007 SP2 client on the EV server.

Will this also works in this scenario, where we have Exchange 2003 and 2010 and all users still on 2003? After archiving works for Exchange 2010 as well, I can start moving users from Exchange 2003 to 2010.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You need a system mailbox yes.

Your Vault Service Account also needs a mailbox, and it needs to be on Exchange 2010, and it needs permissioning, and it needs a throttling policy applied.

This should be the link for setting up Exchange 2010 as a target.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144726

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes, Outlook 2007 can be used to connect and archive from, Exchange 2003 servers.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Outlook 2010 on the EV server is not supported.

Check the Compatibility List - Outlook 2007 is (with some recommendations on fixes, and service packs)

OlafD
Level 5

Thanks! I would like to install Outlook 2010 then since this is our standard. Any risk for upgrading Outlook 2003 to 2010 on the EV server? Do I need to do anything else? Shall I first uninstall Outlook 2003 and then install Outlook 2010? Which components are required during the installation or is a standard 2010 Outlook install sufficient?

Additionally; do I need to move to move the service account's mailbox from the 2003 Exchange Server to an Exchange Server 2010? 

OlafD
Level 5

Thanks..... what a shame....so I need to get myself an old Office 2007 CD from somewhere....

Additionally; do I need to move to move the service account's mailbox from the 2003 Exchange Server to an Exchange Server 2010? 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes to archive from Exchnage 2010 you need to have the vault service account mailbox on the Exchange 2010 environment, set permissions, and throttling.  It's all described in the documentation, and is pretty easy to do.

OlafD
Level 5

Thanks, done all that. Now installing Outlook 2007 sp2.

>you need to have the vault service account mailbox on the Exchange 2010 environment

This is the same service account as the one used for all the 2003 services? So, the account the services are running under? Or do you mean a system mailbox for every 2010 mailbox server? I just created a system mailbox on a 2010 Exchange Server and used this one when creating the target.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You need a system mailbox yes.

Your Vault Service Account also needs a mailbox, and it needs to be on Exchange 2010, and it needs permissioning, and it needs a throttling policy applied.

This should be the link for setting up Exchange 2010 as a target.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144726

OlafD
Level 5

Thanks, it works!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

FYI - The Compatibility Guide suggests that Outlook 2007 SP *3* plus hotfixes are best.