cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over-riding default policy EV8 sp2

Cheryle_Weather
Level 4
Hello all,

We've recently upgraded to EV8 sp2.  The powers that be have decided that our users will no longer be allowed to delete anything from their archives, however, I have been asked by my manager if I could still delete if necessary.  I was wondering if there was a way for me to have super secret special powers without having to lift the policy currently in place.

I'm pretty sure there is a way but have been unsuccessful in my quest for this knowledge.

Thanks!

Cheryle
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hey Cheryle,

You could always uncheck the option that allows users to delete, then when you need to delete something enable the option but only sync your mailbox.  Then you will be able to delete what you need to and when you are done uncheck the option.  As long as the users are not synchronized they won't be able to delete.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Hey Cheryle,

You could always uncheck the option that allows users to delete, then when you need to delete something enable the option but only sync your mailbox.  Then you will be able to delete what you need to and when you are done uncheck the option.  As long as the users are not synchronized they won't be able to delete.

Regards,

Cheryle_Weather
Level 4
Hey Tony,

That works, but I was hoping for something a little more permanent rather than having to be concerned about the timing of the next schedule sync.  There is no way to specifically exclude admins from this policy restriction?

TonySterling
Not at this time.  Personally, I would like to see the Users Can Delete be moved to the Provisioning Group level. 

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

why dont you just remove everyone's DELETE rights from their archive permissions and then add someone like the evadmin to have full rights to the archives in case you do need to archive?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Cheryle_Weather
Level 4

Either way sounds like a pain, but I'll run it thru and see what happens.

Thanks for the assist!