cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSTMigrator (Client Driven Migration) Question - Error 6697

Ryan_the_Red
Level 5
Partner

So, we're getting lots of Event ID: 6697 errors during a Client - Driven PST Migration. This has worked for other client driven migrations. Thoughts on what could cause this?

Sample here:

----

DTrace trace log for server: redacted
[Opened: 2008/10/29 15:39:04]

Enabled Trace options

Id    Name                             Detail     Include Events
70  - PSTMigrator                      Verbose    Yes        

-----

Display Filter:
  Include strings:
    EV-
    EV:
    EV~

Exclude strings:
    CMMStream
    DBFramework
    DirectoryConnection
-----

Running in Terminal Services session...
  Monitoring debug output from processes running in the console session
  Monitoring debug output from processes running in the current Terminal Services session

1 15:39:05.064  [2896] (MigratorServer) <2096> EV~E Event ID: 6697 An error occurred while moving items from the PST file to the designated Exchange Server mailbox folder  | |PST file:  \\someclientXP\C$\Documents and Settings\someclient\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst (Copy: V:\EVPSTTemp\pst10_9.db) |Exchange Server:  exchsvr |Mailbox DN:  /o=TSS/ou=PDX/cn=Recipients/cn=someclient |Mailbox Folder:  PSTImport |Reference:  MCM/GCT |
4 15:39:57.774  [2384] (MigratorServer) <4428> EV~I Event ID: 6630 Unable to convert item content to HTML. The content has been converted to text | |Reason: The requested allocation size was too large  [0x80080011] |Supplementary Info:  | |Item: V:\EVPSTTemp\pst10_10.db redacted RE: redacted Follow-up |Subject: RE: redacted Follow-up |Attachment: DeltaLeadExport20070730.zip |Type: zip | |The content of this item failed conversion to HTML but has been successfully converted to  text. The item will be archived normally but the preview available in the web application will  be text rather than HTML |

3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Are there alway ZIP files which are failing?

Then don't worry...

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Ryan_the_Red
Level 5
Partner

Michel,
It seemed to be happening far too often for that. Could be though, I suppose. Are you saying that PST Migrator will throw that large a number of CRITICAL error messages if there's an attachment that's a zip file? I would not assume we would see hundreds and hundreds of such critical errors...

Ryan

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Ah, I just figured that those are 2 seperate events. (I linked them together by mistake)

You can ignore the Event ID 6630 about the failed conversion.

The other one is probably more serious.

Does this PST have many items ineligible for archiving? (Like contacts, calendar entries (depending on your settings))?

Cheers 

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.