cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with retention categories

Catherine_goodi
Level 2
We have set up 3 default archive folders for our users, 1 year, 3 years and 7 years. The problem is that if you move an item into one of these folders and then decide to move it to another, it keeps the retention category of the original folder. For example, I have an item in my 7 year folder but if I do a search using the web frontend on my vault for items with a retention category of 7 years it comes back with nothing - as the item was previously held in the 3 year folder.

Sorry if this is a basic problem - we are newbies to EV!

Any advice would be much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

bob_cratchet_2
Level 4
You are seeing correct behaviour. This applies to all configuration properties archived with an item. So if you archive something with full indexing, then changing the site indexing level will not change the level of indexing on that item.. you would have to restore the item and then re-archive it again I think, for the new properties to take effect.

Catherine_goodi
Level 2
Oh dear! Thought this might be the case. Will try this out - a colleague of mine reckons he did that and it didn't work so I will try it again.

Thanks.

Catherine_goodi
Level 2
OK so I restored my item back to my inbox then moved it back to the 7 year folder and ran the archiver again. Now when search my vault it still has the item under my inbox with a retention category of 'business' and nothing under my 7 year folder.

Any ideas?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
you say that you restored the item and then moved it to the folder and then ran the archiver again, do you mean you ran a manually archive?

If so, did the item even get archived?

What happens if you manually archive the item from Outlook?

Also:
What client are you using, Lite or Full?
How did you set the properties on the folders, EVPM or Manually?

Regards,

Catherine_goodi
Level 2
Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply. Yes I ran the archiver via the console on the server. The item seemed to be archived ok (in that the icon changed) but if I do a search via the Web (Lite?) client it still says it has 'business' retention category even though it is in the 7 year folder.

I then tried a manual store in vault from Outlook and selected the 7 year retention category. However when I did a search again it came up with 'business' again.

Our folders were set using EVPM.

Any help you could give us would be much appreciated.