cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ran EVPM not as vault service account

marcellus6273
Level 2

Hi,

I just ran the EVPM script to zap a mailbox and I forgot to run the script as the vault service account.  I am logged on with my domain account.  I am a Power Admin in EV, an Exchange Admin, and a local admin on the vault server.  When I ran the script I didn't get any error messages, it seemed to make the mapi connection to the user however the script never finished.  It has been running for 3 hours now and I am not sure if this is typically how long it takes to zap a mailbox. I don't want to close the command prompt just in case the script is actually processing.

Don't know what to do next.  Looking for some advice.

Thank you,

Kristine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I would recommend you close the command window and log out.  Then log back in as the VSA and re-run the EVPM.  It should not take 3 hours and you won't hurt anything by zapping a mbx twice.  :)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I would recommend you close the command window and log out.  Then log back in as the VSA and re-run the EVPM.  It should not take 3 hours and you won't hurt anything by zapping a mbx twice.  :)

marcellus6273
Level 2

Thank you for a quick response. I did as you reccommended and script is running now as vault service account.  Do you now approximatley how long it takes to zap a mailbox?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Should take 15 seconds if it's running very slow
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146