cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading ESR Data via Excel

kpapreck
Level 4
Partner
I am trying to review ESR Data to find out the Average Number of Messages to be archived from each mailbox per day.  Does anyone know an easy way to do this?

Also, What does the column PerSzMsgs mean?  The data was also divided into three groups: Mailbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items.  Do I  need to add all of these together to figure out all of my calculations?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I would contact the person I PM'ed you and ask him for the spreadsheet I worked on.  You can import the XML file directly into excel and it will elaborate all the necessary data for you :)  If you don't come right with him let me know via a PM.

--wayne

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
If you trying to work out number of messages per night I would suggest you use SQL insted of Store Reporter.  If you dont want to use SQL Enterprise Vault in report mode will give you the figures.

kpapreck
Level 4
Partner
This is for a pre-implementation so they do not have EV installed yet.  I am just trying to find the best way to size things out and its been a tough one looking at this data.  Any ideas?

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
are you a partner?

kpapreck
Level 4
Partner
Yes

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
I would contact the person I PM'ed you and ask him for the spreadsheet I worked on.  You can import the XML file directly into excel and it will elaborate all the necessary data for you :)  If you don't come right with him let me know via a PM.

--wayne