cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering a corrupted Offline Vault

Robert_Guenther
Level 3
Any one have any best practices on recovering an Offline Vault that has gotten corrupted? I understand that the EV Client Extension will recreate the OST, but the real question is can you essentially create the OST on another computer and copy this over?  The situation is that you have a field end user who has limited bandwidth. Can you create the OST, burn it to CD, mail it, and have them copy it over?

thanks,

Rob
2 REPLIES 2

Maverik
Level 6
I actually cannot see any reason why not though I have never attempted this myself.  The OVEnabled reg key will still be set, the resetofflinevault file will only be created if the reset offline vault button is selected therefore there is no reason for the wizard to believe that it has to run again and therefore I believe offline vault will work as the shortcuts will all match up with the data in offline vault.

Why not test it quickly between two machines you have? If it works burn it and send it to the user. The offline vault data is stored in a KVS folder within the users profile by default under the hidden folder local settings I believe and a few sub-folders. 

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Robert,

I would be quite interested in your findings.
Have you tried that yet?

From my point of view, I don't think that this will work, but you never know :)

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.