cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Configuration fails with message: MISC Error. Invalid Command Line arguments are passed

bjorn_b
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I have s system where we try to configure Enterprise Vault Reporting.

The reporting feature has worked previously, but the system has expanded since then. 

In fact, the VSA was not a local adminstrator on neither the SQL nor the EV servers (there are two; one for Exchange and one for file archiving). This has now been fixed.

I have registered the following

Auditing it enabled on the EV server that performs Exchange archiving, but not on the EV server that performs file archiving. Neither is FSA Reporting installed. 

Could this be the reason, or could it be more things to check out? This is a quite large vault, and I would rather not make any big changes right now since we are stabilizing the system from a couple of other error messages, but reporting would have been valuable for us.

Appreciatie your thoughts and answers :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to check the EVDeployReports.log file. This log should be on the EV server under: \programs file\enterprise vault\evreports.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6

What version of EV are you using?
Are you trying to use the Command Line reporting config or using the config utility GUI from the start menu?
The command line hasn't really been needed since version 2007 and upwards

So would suggest using the GUI and it will generate an install log and give any errors there

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

bjorn_b
Level 6

We are using EV 8.0 SP5

We are trying to do this with the GUI. Is this install log posted to the reports-directory?

Bjørn Erik

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to check the EVDeployReports.log file. This log should be on the EV server under: \programs file\enterprise vault\evreports.