Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset 'Do Not Archive This item' for complete individual mailboxes

Eloya
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello together,

I have a process for clearing up a complete mailbox for the customer by archiving it completely. But I encountered some problems with messages set to 'Do not archive' and found out that the Enabling- and Disabling messages (with EV 7.5 SP2) are also set to 'Do not archive this item'.

(I reviewed this setting by ALT+ENTER).

I'm aware of a registry key which will ignore this, but this is far too dangerous for productive use as it ignores ALL messages for all users set to 'Do not archive' if the archiving task runs.

So, does anyone has an idea if resetting these attributes for a single mailbox?

Kind regards,

Nico

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Hi Eloya,

The only way that I can think of doing this is to write a vbscript using CDO to parse through the whole of a mailbox (all subfolders etc) and remove the MAPI property if it is present (and write out what is happening to a log file).

If you use Outlook Spy, or MFCMapi on one of the "enabled for archiving" type messages you should see the attribute in question.

It would need some careful testing (so perhaps add the equivalent of "report mode"),

Hope that helps,

Thanks

Rob Wilcox

Working for cloudficient.com

Amit_Gupta
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Eloya,

My solution would be to delete the hidden message for this specific user from Outlook.  Also, if there are any EVPM changes on the hidden message, use the 'Zap' command to get rid of them. Once hidden message is gone, you can disable and re-enable the user with different provision group membership which allows archiving All Message Classes after 0 days.

Hope this helps!!

Let me know if you need more granular steps to achieve this.

Amit

Message Edited by Amit Gupta on 09-06-2008 04:10 AM