cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore archivings into Exchange 2003 and uninstall EV7.0...

JNEVES
Level 3
Partner

My customer is running EV7.0 with Exchange 2003.

He must remove EV7.0 and restore the archiving mailboxes/public folders into Exchange 2003.

What is the procedure for putting back the archivings into Exchange 2003 and to uninstall properly EV7.0?

Thanks in advance for your support,

JNV

5 REPLIES 5

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello JNV,

Stop the tasks (journal and mbx archiving, set them to disabled)

in the Admin Console, rightclick archives, export, export archive to original mailbox.

I think you can also use EVPM to perform the export action, but am not sure.

When all is placed back in mailboxes, use evpm to zap the mailboxes (remove the hidden message). Then uninstall EV.

Why remove? If customer goes to different archiving solution, is there no way to import already archived items? If customer goes to other mailsystem, if using Outlook, why not use the http client, so archived items are retrievable anyway. If customer wants to not use archiving anymore, why not keep ev in place, just to be able to retrieve items?

Just curious ;)

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan

JNEVES
Level 3
Partner

Hello GertjanA,

Thanks very much for your prompt response.

My customer is unfortunately not satisfy with EV7.0, I have tried to change his mind without success...

Again thanks for your support.

JNV

JNEVES
Level 3
Partner
Hello GertjanA, We have applied your procedure in order to restore archivings into Exchange 2003. It works perfectly for the mailboxes but we don't see the public folders. Do you have any ideas about how to restore the public folders into Exchange 2003? Thanks in advance. Regards, JNV

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello JNV,

Sorry, no experience with public folder archiving, but I assume it is sort of similar.

As for the rest, zap the mailboxes (search forum) to remove the EV hidden messages. Disable all tasks.

Make sure everything is back what needs to be back, then uninstall

Good luck.

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan

JNEVES
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

hereafter the procedure to restore PF :

You have to select all the archived items and use the export button from EV to restore. I found the procedure in the admin guide.

Thxs for your support.