cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore emails from primary mailbox on vdi

shiniquz
Level 2

Enterprise Vault 9.0.0.1193

Strange issue, staff with archives cant restore any of there own emails on our vdi infastructure. The vdi's are all windows 7 and are using online mode for email on outlook 2010. If a member of staff has a secondary mailbox with an archive on vdi the emails can be restored.

If a member of staff has a laptop or normal desktop (cached mode) they can restore emails with no problem.

Bit stumped as to why we can restore secondary mailbox emails but not primary on vdi, any ideas appreciated.

The error displayed:

"You cannot restore items to this location.

If you are trying to restore from a shortcut, copy or move it to your mailbox and then restore."

I wasnt involved with the initial setup for enterpise vault but this would have been for cached mode only so am thinking there is initial setup need for evault with vdi?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i remember a bug that was fixed in 9.0.1 for this issue so i'd go ahead and update the EV client to 10.0.4 CHF3 (since that's the highest you can do with EV9 server) and see if it helps. if it doesn't, you'll want to look into patching your EV server to 9.0.5 or upgrading to 10

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i remember a bug that was fixed in 9.0.1 for this issue so i'd go ahead and update the EV client to 10.0.4 CHF3 (since that's the highest you can do with EV9 server) and see if it helps. if it doesn't, you'll want to look into patching your EV server to 9.0.5 or upgrading to 10

shiniquz
Level 2

Thanks Andrew, had a look can the EV client to 10.0.4 CHF3 be downloaded easily from anywhere to test this?

shiniquz
Level 2

upggrading the client fixed this, thanks