cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from basket is really slow

Berkeley
Level 3

Hi, i tried to restore some emails from EV shopping basket, but it is really slow. it recoved about 20 emails in 5 hours. the emails are no bigger than 1MB each. also i started getting the below error on my event log when i started the restore:

Error 3310.JPG

I deleted the shopping basket for the email restore, howerver i can still see it in th Microsoft Message Queues, and im guessing that is why im still recieveing the errors? any ideas why my email restores are soo slow? we just use journal archiving. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Don't suppose your other queues are maxed out at all?
The tasks will sleep for either 5 or 10 minutes whenever the queues get so backed up it wants to wait for them to clear down and then in 5 minutes it will start up again and attempt to download again.

Other than that it can be due to network problems, though usually when that occurs it will throw a 3310 or the task itself will fail

Just as a matter of interest, if you do a PST export of one of the archives, how fast is it for the PST exporter?

One other thing you can do is on the Storage Service you can up the amount of retrieval threads which might help
Have you also applied the best practice reg keys to make sure the MaxMSMQMessageSize is set

Last but not least, make sure that the MSMQ storage area hasnt breached the Quota (by default in 2003 its set as 1GB, usually would suggest to up it to 8GB)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146