cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with email items archiving

bagrationi
Level 5

Hello to all,

I have a  interesting issue with my Enterprise Vault which already works in production environment.

The problem is in my observation the following was discovered, the items that was already sent and received, till mailbox enabling action, they are in pending status.
                               ... And the items that was sent and recieved after enabling mailboxes, they was archived normally, without problems and was replaced with shortcuts.

So,  -all Evault services works fine.
        -In Vault store properties the following setting - "remove safety copies" is set to "immediately after archive".

Have any experience and  solutions with this issue ?

Any comments will be appreciated......

Thanks,
1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
For those items that are pending, can you find them in either Archive Explorer or Search.asp?
I've seen issues (rarely however) when the user is using Cached Mode and it doesn't update the message properly with the shortcut, so it looks like its pending, when really it has been archived correctly. You also see this in OWA where you have to hit the Send/Receive before it will go from Pending into a regular shortcut.

Other than that, if its just a few items, you can try performing a Cancel Pending through the client and then re-archive, as its possible that something had gone wrong archiving the item, you would normally see a warning in the Enterprise Vault logs where it says that a pending operation was cancelled
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146