cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring ancient history

JoWiDa
Level 3
I've been tasked with restoring a mailbox archive for a user mailbox/archive that was deleted long ago (2003) - essentially all I need to do is restore our EV server (which hosts all EV and SQL components) on a box in our test lab and export to PST the target archive.
The restore from tape will take over 16 hours so I'm hoping we won't have to do it twice - and there are a number of differences between the original server and the test LAN server we're restoring to, including server name, domain, DNS, etc. Even the OS and SQL versions are different (W2k vs. W2003 - tho I suppose we could reinstall if required). There is an Exchange server in the test network but of course its name and domain are different as well.
The only EV documentation I've found is the disaster recovery guide in the EVadmin pdf. But that doesn't consider the domain, name, OS differences we have. Does anyone have experience restoring EV to a forign site? Or know of any related KB documents hidden on the support site?
1 REPLY 1

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
You should not have to worry about the Exchange server during your recovery. As for the DNS settings etc. As long as the Site and server alias's can be mapped to the new computer Name you should be fine. The Base OS should be irrelevant unless it is W2k3 SP1 in which case you would need to ensure that EV is at V6 SP1 or V5 SP6.

For the rest of it the DR documentation will cover renaming the Computer/SQL etc.

Cheers