cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring archive to original mailbox

Minke
Level 4
Hi,

I have just tested restoring my EV items from the server to my mailbox. I had 10500 emails (or there abouts)... some interesting things have occured and I'd like for some input.

1. Emails that no longer existed in my INBOX folder long ago deleted (short cut was deleted) have been returned. Is this expected?
2. Some stubs have disappeared and replaced with the original email, however some stubs are still there and the original email has been restored as well.
3. (Im not convinced of this yet, but I suspect)  that some stubs were removed from one folder (INBOX\Friends as an example) but the original email was restored to INBOX folder.

Anyone experienced this?

How can I now clean up my mailbox?

Cheers Justin
2 REPLIES 2

sleddog
Level 5
Partner

1) Emails that no longer existed in my INBOX folder long ago deleted (short cut was deleted) have been returned. Is this expected?

This is exactly as expected.  When you restore e-mail, they have to go somewhere, right?

2. Some stubs have disappeared and replaced with the original email, however some stubs are still there and the original email has been restored as well.

When you restore am e-mail, the shortcut disappears and is replace by the original e-mail.

As far as some of the inconsistent behavior, is there anything in the event log?

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Justing

1) This is correct, as only the stubs were deleted, and not the content in the archive.
2) It is possible, yes. Are you able to find a common pattern as to why? If you would delete the content of the archive after the restore, EV *should* take care of the shortcuts, because they are then orphaned
3) E-Mails are restored to their "Original Location", if you haven't enabled the moved shortcut tracking in EV8. (not available before EV8)

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.