Level 4

I ran the deplyoment scanner from the SP3 install for 7.5, and got this:

At least one test for the SQL server collation has failed. SQL
databases (shown below) contain entities with mixed collations. If they are
Enterprise Vault Vault Store databases then they will prevent a successful
upgrade. Please go to http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293475 for more
details.

DCEXARCH02: Database: EnterpriseVaultDirectory, Table: MQUpgrade , Column:
AgentType ; - mixed SQL collation found.

Per this reference: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293475.htm
it says if the deployment scanner finds these errors on a clean install, then you can ignore the error.

But it references 2 specific databases (EnterpriseVaultFSAReporting and EnterpriseVaultMonitoring

Databases.)  In my case it is showing the collation issue in the EVDirectory table.

So I am surmising that this means i will have to run the script?  Amirite in that?

Thanks,

Tom

8 REPLIES 8

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Is this a new installation, or an upgrade?

What Version was the original install?

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Tom_Felts
Level 4
7.5-RG1862

Tom_Felts
Level 4

7.5-RG1862

A fresh install running on 64 Bit 2K3

Andy_Lukens
Level 5

Hi Tom, I'm running into this exact same error in my lab environment when running the SP4 deployment scanner.  Running the SQL scripts outlined in the tech document hasn't resolved the issue.

Did you find a fix?

Thanks

EV_Guru
Level 4
Partner

You will find in the EV Knowledgebase and Downloads the SQL Scripts for fixing the collations issues, then you can proceed without any errors on this... There is also an instructions file, so it is not to heavy to do it...

www.longerich.com

Matt_Prime
Level 2

Hi All,

I've run into the same error too, however looking through the resolution provided by symantec it has 2 points that I'm dubious about.. (Don't have a test system only a live one so I have to run through this carefully).

1. In the DirectoryDB_7_ViewStoredProcs.sql script, do we stop before or after this statement which sits between the drop and the create statements ;-

-- Custom Role to allow minimum access required to run only selected views and sps
-- by Reporting
if not exists (select * from dbo.sysusers where name = N'EVReportingRole')
BEGIN
 EXEC sp_addrole N'EVReportingRole'
END

2. In the script SQL_2005_Script_Collation.sql, there's nothing referencing the view for MQUpgrade!  So will this actually make any difference on the table I need to amend?

Andy_Lukens
Level 5
I did try running the scripts from the support site, but was still getting the collation error in Deployment Scanner.  Ultimately, I moved the DB from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 and ran the 2005 version of the script which fixed my issues.

Matt_Prime
Level 2
I ran the Change_Collation_2000_SQL in report mode first using 1 to see the conflicts and went through the process again using 0 to process the database, this isn't clear in the instructions but the result is there are now no errors stopping me ;)