cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Failed-Event Number 24607

colmtourque
Level 4
2003 Server running 2007 sp2 against a 2003 File Server (which is a DC)

I am getting an unspecified error event id 24607 on scanning the D drive on our File Server (thats the volume).  Vault continues to scan the folders (there are 3 of them) and appears to do so successfully.

The error is listed here by symantec

Prior to contacting support I was curious if anyone else had seen this and what it means.

Message Edited by alco on 05-16-2008 01:51 PM
6 REPLIES 6

jgrant50
Level 4
I'm getting the same error on just about all of my file servers, DC's and members.  Please let me know what support has to say about it if you get anywhere.

Good luck.

colmtourque
Level 4
we turned off reporting and they suggested upgrading to sp3

jgrant50
Level 4
I have SP3 installed already.  I was just about to do some testing on a new system I just created a share on today, with no subfolders.  I wonder if this is the 256 character limit bug that was supposed to be addressed with SP3.

colmtourque
Level 4
I'd be curious to hear if this helps.  We are going to sp3 beginning of july.

jgrant50
Level 4
SP3 has not resolved the issue.  The reporting scan runs fine on my test share with no subfolders - just files under one folder.  I've tried several different times on many systems, re-installed the agent, etc., with no luck.  I just opened a ticket with support, so I'll see what they say and definitely let you know if I get it worked out.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
I was chatting to a colleague this afternoon (we work for Symantec UK support). We have had a few cases with FSA Scanning and they have been tricky. One issue we came across was possibly due to the IIS Timeout (which is 20 minutes by default).

You could try increasing this (on the EV server) to say 1 hour and then test again to see what happens.

Nice link here showing you where the value is http://support.yessoftware.com/kb_article.asp?s_keyword=.gif&s_prod=&kb_articlesPageSize=10&s_type=&order_by=Freshness&s_cat=&article_id=74