cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script help

Vikes_2
Level 6
Hello,
We are running low on disk for our vault store partitions and need to add more, the issue is trying to figure out how much to request. I am hoping that someone may have a VB script or a method that might help. We have exported the list of archived home directories from Archive Explorer to excel and need to compare it to what is on the file servers. We need the size of what is not archived to make sure we get enough disk. My scripting knowledge is limited so I wanted to see if anyone else may already have something scripted for this?

Thanx!

Travis
3 REPLIES 3

Maverik
Level 6

So you want to know how much is eligable for archiving that remains on File Server so you can ensure you add this and some more I would hope as Vault Store Parition.

A quick and easy way, why not do the following.

1: On FSA Task set this to report mode only. 

2: Create a new policy to archive everything *.* with everything set to immeadiately archive, as if you wanted to archive every file on the file server in the target. 

3: Run the FSA Task in report mode and review the report.  This should give you everything including sizes of what and how much data is eligable for archiving.

4: Rmeove policy and set FSA back so it no longer reports only.  Everything is now back to how it was and you have a detailed report. ;) Shouyld be quite quick and easy.

Vikes_2
Level 6

Hello Mr. The Don :)

Good idea but we are already fighting some network latency issues with only archiving a portion of the data. We are also wishing we had the checkpoints used in 8.0 because we are not getting much of a progression in processing in our scheduled amount of time. We may have a way to get the numbers if what we are testing works I will post it out here incase anyone else is looking for the same thing. Thanks for your help!
Travis

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
You sould engage our professional services team who have tools to provide this information.