cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching the vault

n_sanford
Level 3
I'm running Enterprise vault 6 w sp 2. When I try a search I get the following error
"Failed to perform the search request. " Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I normally see that when Indexing isn't running. Any errors on the evserver when you get that message?

Lee_Allison
Level 6
One more thing to check, the indexes cannot be searched if they are being rebuilt. I don't know if that would cause this same error or not, but the rebuild should be posting info into the Enterprise Vault error log. Check for those, they will tell you which vault's index is being rebuilt, if it's the same one that's erroring out then there's your cause.

n_sanford
Level 3
Sorry for taking so long to reply back, I have not been able to log into Symantec's website for some time. I'm still having the same problem and I've verified that the indexing service is running. I'm not sure how to check and see if the indexes are being rebuilt

Mattigan
Level 3

I'm getting this issue too, the vault in question is not indexing or being rebuilt, but I've reindexed it and rebuilt it just in case, still no joy.

How can I tell if its corrupt? And what is the best course of action if it is?

Thanks,

Matt

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you've got EV 2007, you can go the users's archive in VAC, and select the Indexing tab.

It should say "Normal"...

If it say "failed", try updating it.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.