cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective folders in offline vault

Amereeh
Not applicable
Hi All,

My company has about 100 laptops in a pool which are constantly used by different users. Before they are given out they receive a clean Windows XP image and are prepared by a helpdesk for that specific user. Although much is automated preparing the laptops still takes a lot of time. Most of the users have archived folders with shortcuts representing GB's of data but when users travel they do not need all that data with them. What I am looking for now is a way to select only part of the mailbox folders that need to be copied to the offline vault. This could save a lot of time for the guys who prepare the laptops.

Any idea's?

1 REPLY 1

RVD
Level 5
Partner
Hi,

I understand your situation, but I don't think that working with Offline Vaults on laptops that are always changing owners is a good solution. As you mention, it takes lots of effort to create the Offline Vaults. So, once the Vaults are synchonized and stable, it can be that the laptop needs to be re-staged again.

As "the users don't need all the archived data with them", is it not beter to look for the OWA or RCP/http options so they can access their archives remotely via the internet?
As far as i am concerned, you can not include/exclude seperate folders for Offline Vault use.

Greetz,

Rudy