cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server driven PST migration

Veera_Door
Level 4

Just started the first couple of users as part of our PST migration project and hit a few issues. The first user had a few smaller PST's (approx 500Mb) which the Migrator Task handled fine, but then there was a 7Gb file which run for so long that it got interupted for variuos reasons (out of hours updates, backups ect) so I had to keep restarting the task and running manually.

My question is, will the Migrator task have started the whole PST import again or just picked up from where it was interupted? - not sure which answer I prefer since it took 10hrs after the last task restart to finsh (that seems a long time to me, on a server that wasn't doing a great deal else?)
4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Veera,

Migrate will continue where it left off.
Regards. Gertjan

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
Hello Veera,

Make sure the "Migrator" Task is an a "Processing" state for the process to continue where it left off. If a backup window was initiated while this task was processing; then this task may have been stopped...depending on backup scripts settings.

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Dennis

Veera_Door
Level 4

Hi Dennis, thanks for the addition info.

So what you're say is that providing the Task has a status of Processing then it'll continue where it left off, but if the Task is stopped/restarted then the PST will be imported from the start?

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner

Hi Veera, Sorry for not being more specific...what I've experienced is if the task is in a Stopped/Start state and a PST migration had not completed then you must do the following:

1) If the task was stopped; first start the PST Migrator task.
2) Once the task has started...Right Click on the task and select the "Run" option.
3) The status will change to a processing state.

4) As a result; the PST will be imported starting from where it had left off. It will not restart the entire process again.

Hope it helps!
Please let me know on any questions.

Thanks,
Dennis
STS Symantec Enterprise Vault 2007
STS Symantec Enterprise Vault 8.0 for Exchange