cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services stop after a backup

Tacobell
Level 4
Hello,

For some reason the EV services stop on the weekend and I have to manually start them on Monday morning. The backup is done on Sunday using the TSM client version 5.4. At this point I'm guessing that the backup is not restarting the EV services properly. I am running EV 8.0 on a W2003 enterprise server sp2.
Will a sp1 install fix the problem I'm having? If so, will I have to install SP1 on the client and on the server or on the server for now and the clients say 1 week after? 

much appreciate the help,

Alexis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maverik
Level 6
Hi,

Do you know in EV8 you dont have to stop and restart the services for a backup?

Refer to the following PDF which conatains information on using Powershell commands to set the new EV Backup Mode Features.

May be doing it this way will work better for you?

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/312327.pdf

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
No, You will need to troubleshoot this issue. I doubt its Enterprise Vault related, but more your backup scripts.  Add some logging into your backup scripts and then you will be able to see whats going on.

--wayne

Maverik
Level 6
Hi,

Do you know in EV8 you dont have to stop and restart the services for a backup?

Refer to the following PDF which conatains information on using Powershell commands to set the new EV Backup Mode Features.

May be doing it this way will work better for you?

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/312327.pdf

Maverik
Level 6

Hi,

Did the previous posts help at all?

If so please mark as solved.

TRALSH
Level 4
Employee
As Genie states EV 8 uses "backupMode" so you do not need the old batch files for starting and stopping services.

If you still want to use the batch files, the System event log should show an attempt to start the service and an error if there is an issue.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Did those comments help?
Any more info needed?

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.