cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcuts

Phin_Wells
Level 4
We have recently changed our Kvault policy. Previously all archived items had a shortcut created in Outlook. We have now changed the policy so that all archived items are removed from Outlook and the user needs to use archive explorer to view/retrieve them.
I want to remove all existing shortcuts from users Outlook without removing the vaulted item. How can I achieve this?

Cheers
2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Shortcut Deletion
You are recommended to run Shortcut Deletion at the end of the Storage Expiry run, so that it removes shortcuts to items that have been deleted from archives by Storage Expiry. Shortcut Deletion begins at the time you specify and then runs to completion. You cannot schedule it to run it more than once each week.

You can define separate maximum ages for shortcuts in users' mailboxes and for shortcuts in public folders.

To set up Shortcut Deletion

In the left pane of the Administration Console expand the hierarchy until the appropriate vault site is visible.
Using the right mouse button, click the vault site.
From the shortcut menu, select Properties.
The Site Properties are displayed.

Select the Shortcut Deletion tab.
Select the settings you want to use and click OK.

Phin_Wells
Level 4
I had set that but nothing happened. when I set the following reg key to 1 the shortcuts disappeared:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents\ShortcutDeletionNow
Type: DWORD
Default: 0

Cheers for you help