Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowness with Browsing NetApp Filer from the VAC

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

EV 9.0 sp2

I have a customer that has configured another EV File Archiving server to target a NetApp filer that is located in the same network

Anyway in the VAC when you browse to Targets\File Servers it takes 2-4 minutes to open the various components beneath it  ,all other browsing is normal in VAC .

The other EV File Server can browse the VAC Targets\File Servers with normal  speed

I have checked the following

• That the  server certificates check is disabled in IE
  • TCP/IP is correctly configured

We may need to log a call with Support so what Dtrace counters would be relevant for this type of activity

Any advice would be appreciated :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have seen this (and been argued with about it. . ) issue when there is poor network connectivity, the NIC binding points to a bad IP that times out, and other network related nonsense.

Most recently the customer had a disabled ISCSI NIC in the primary binding spot for his NIC ordering, which caused EV to try to communicate with that IP until eventually timing out. This took him about 45 sec - 1minute to bring up the targets. Once we changed the binding order. . .it was quick like lightening.

The last place I have seen this is when all FSA targets are listed as a FSA reporting server in the DB. You will likely need support to help you with this.

DTrace will tell all in all of the above cases.

Hope this helps.

J

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Maverik
Level 6

I would capture MMC and directory service in the first instance and a SQL Profiler of all Stored Procedures RPC Starting and RPC Completed as well as TSQL STMT Starting and completed. 

Also get a Deployment Scanner CAB file.

Hope this helps.

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have seen this (and been argued with about it. . ) issue when there is poor network connectivity, the NIC binding points to a bad IP that times out, and other network related nonsense.

Most recently the customer had a disabled ISCSI NIC in the primary binding spot for his NIC ordering, which caused EV to try to communicate with that IP until eventually timing out. This took him about 45 sec - 1minute to bring up the targets. Once we changed the binding order. . .it was quick like lightening.

The last place I have seen this is when all FSA targets are listed as a FSA reporting server in the DB. You will likely need support to help you with this.

DTrace will tell all in all of the above cases.

Hope this helps.

J