Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange PST Client-driven Ingestion Issue

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

I am at a customer with a new EV 9 Sp2 installation and I am busy  with the user pilot.

I am implementing PST ingestion using the Client Driven Method and have an issue

1. The PST are correctly found on the desktop and are listed under Personal Store Management
  2. The first PST status changes to  "Migrating "
  3. I can see the first Chunk being copied to the PST Holding area
  4. However it doesn't progress from there ,the status says Migrating but nothing further is copied or updated

So far I have gone through the following in an attempt to solve it

1. Gone through article 68214 
  2. Confirmed Share and NTFS permissions are correct on both the Share and Folder level for both the PST Migrator and PST Holding Folders
  3. The last information from the EV Client log is PST Importer retrieving PST information from server

I haven't run Dtrace yet as I want to see if anyone has seen this before ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

Just an update and closure on this issue

The issue was actually happening on one user only  ,who was our second Pilot user.

What the user was doing was he had created an ADSL connection for Internet Browsing ,so everytime he connected to the Internet this was effecting the EV Client PST scan .So the issue was caused by the fact the EV client kept losing connection to the EV server

Anyway just an update

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ben_Shorehill
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Haven't seen it before Bruce but i'd be keen to see the output from dtrace if you care to share.

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

Just an update and closure on this issue

The issue was actually happening on one user only  ,who was our second Pilot user.

What the user was doing was he had created an ADSL connection for Internet Browsing ,so everytime he connected to the Internet this was effecting the EV Client PST scan .So the issue was caused by the fact the EV client kept losing connection to the EV server

Anyway just an update

Ben_Shorehill
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Interesting one. Thanks Bruce!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Good job in finding the cause.

Working for cloudficient.com