cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Tech support experience?

Eric_Romero
Level 2
Hi all,

I am evaluating EV6+SP2, could you please tell me how good or bad was the response from symantec tech support when you need to have an EV problem fixed?

thx
Eric
3 REPLIES 3

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Hi Eric,

it seems to be getting better. Looks like the helpdesk has just gone through systems merger between Vertias and Symantec and this, while not perfect, was handled a whole lot better than when they merged the KVS plc and Vertias help systems.

These days you do seem to be able to talk to someone on the desk within a reasonable time frame. They still seem to have near-zero resources that they can call on to help you if your problem is anything more than standard fare and they still have a (probably natural) reluctance to escalate to their development guys.

Cheers

David

Shane_Seagreen_
Level 4
My experience with the vault support team has been kind of 50\50. The first call I logged, it took ages for someone to get back to me, by which time I managed to fix the problem myself. The last call I logged last week, I had a guy who had been in vault support for as long as we have had it installed on this site (4 months), and although he tried to be helpful, he still lacked experience. To be fair it was quite a tough problem. He was always quick to respond to the updates I provided him, and even the initial contact time wasn't to bad. Other people Ive spoken to have said their support experiences have not been to bad.. so I guess its luck of the draw. I think I may have another case to log this week.. Ill let you know how it goes :)

Kees_Sprangers
Level 3
During the period that EV changed form owner two times the support was really dramatic, but IMHO the support has improved enormously past the last half year.
I really can notice that Symantec has put some effort in getting the support to a higher level.
but that's just my experience...! ;)

regards,
Kees