cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The item could not be downloaded. [OIOM] - Win 7 64 bit, EV 9.0.2 & Outlook 2010 RTM

smlopes
Level 5

Unable to open archived items, Enterprise Vault error: "Could not show this item. Try again. If it still fails, contact your help desk. The item could not be downloaded. [OIOM]. I have recreated vault cache and added registry key "PSTDisableGrow" with no luck. Any other ideas?

23 REPLIES 23

JosephRodgers
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Reading through the trace manually is a bit difficult and maximum tracing does not show me anything I can interept.  Can you rerun a minimum trace showing only access to the message and then closing outlook?  Please post the subject of the message to allow easier searching.

Thank you.

Joe

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Lower down in that client trace, I see :

22/07/2011 12:30:46.341[1836]: Downloading: https://evault.westpharma.com/enterprisevault//download.asp?VaultID=1F557C5C061DC9E478BB9FB69226AD2A61110000evault&SaveSetID=201107191082910~201107191340350000~Z~902F629B09E0FCE7CE54258F3B87BEF1&FormatType=Unicode&Client=EV9.0.2.1061-Outlook14&Format=MSG&AttachmentID=0

Followed by :

22/07/2011 12:30:47.390[4360]: CDesktopPSTHelperBase::HandlePSTDisableGrow: 0x0
22/07/2011 12:30:47.390[4360]: Unable to exempt PST's from PSTDisableGrow, make sure that 'PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides' registry key has been set...
22/07/2011 12:30:47.391[4360]: ~CDesktopPSTHelperBase::HandlePSTDisableGrow: 0x0

This means that you do not have PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides in place.  It has to be located in :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Outlook\PST

Secondly you have to add the key, PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides :

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
  2. Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Outlook\PST

3. Click the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
  4. Type PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides, and then press ENTER.
  5. Right-click PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides, and then click Modify.
  6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

After that, restart Outlook, everything will work.

I'm not sure if there is a Grou Policy that can push this out, but for now, try it, and see what happens

If you add that registry key along with your GPO, and it doesn't work.. post a new client log, and a registry export of the key that you added.

I have also never seen a crash when both of the keys are in place.

Working for cloudficient.com

smlopes
Level 5

Today is a brain fart day :) I had registry key in the software folder instead of Policies. Doh! It works, thanks a bunch for helping :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

No problem honestly.

"Soon" (ie 9.0.3 ish) we will adopt the Microsoft location...  you see the PSTDisableGrow key can be set under Software, OR, policies.. but the PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides can only be under Policies.  So from 9.0.3 onwards we'll allow PSTDisableGrow in either place (like Outlook does) and we'll look for the override in the right place too.

Until then they BOTH have to be under Policies.

And.. also in 9.0.3 if you PSTDisableGrow set, and you don't have the override set, when you open Outlook you'll get a nice warning (much like the missing Outlook vbscript DLL warning, and the RPC/HTTP restriction warning).

Please consider marking the most appropriate post as the solution.  And have a good weekend.

Working for cloudficient.com