cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Delete archives Items

Jeffrey_Padilla
Level 3
I have gone over this with Symantec's Engineers and still not luck. I have a user who is getting an error message that tells him, "You must have a network connection in order to delete archived items" This error message follows the user from pc to pc. He can open the archived email, but when he wants to delete any archived email, he clicks on the archived email and right clicks, "What would you like to do" comes up and selects the middle button, "delete both" and then after he clicks he gets the messages. I have re-created his mail account on the pc, checked his email settings, outlook settings, made sure he can send and receive email, restarted his pc, ran "How to remove Veritas Enterprise Vault (tm) properties from vault enabled mailboxes " script and all this wih no luck. We did check EV Server for any issues, but this is the only user having this issue. All other users, and we have many on this EV Server are working just fine. And Symantec Engineers asked us to run a Client Trace as well. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated! Thanks from Vegas.
9 REPLIES 9

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
what service pack is the client running?

What the code is attempting to do is goto a specific file on the server to see if it can access it. If it can it considers itself as having a network connection, if it cannot then it gives the error about no network connection

I presume the user can search etc ok?

Jeffrey_Padilla
Level 3
This is what he has; Enterprise Vault 6.0.2.7791.0.hppt Structured. The user can search ok, archive email, but not delete archived items. Thanks.

Alan_M
Level 6
Have you checked permissions on the archive using the EV Admin console? Turn on client side logging to maximum to see if that offers any new information.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
ladies and gentlemen...a dollar sez the problem goes away if he uses the full client instead of the lite.

micah

Jeffrey_Padilla
Level 3
Had the same problem here (You must have a network connection...) and a hard time to solve it:

By spending endless hours of tracing we found out it's a windows issue, especially the registry key "EnableAutoDial".
The key "Global User Offline" may also be involved.

See also M$'s knowledge base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315315/en-us

Our solution was to create an unmanaged GPO to set the registry keys for all users at our site.

So change the key and most probably it will work (and give some reward points to me TIA
Manual change is ok, no reboot required.

Christian

Here's an extract of a user registry branch:

"User Agent"="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)"

"NoNetAutodial"=dword:00000000
"EnableAutoDial"=dword:00000000
"GlobalUserOffline"=dword:00000000

Thanks Christian for your post. This was perfect!!!

Jeffrey_Padilla
Level 3
Thanks Christian. Your info was perfect.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Woah, good to know. *scrawls that down* Thanks man.

micah

Abriymoch
Level 3
I think I'm missing something here. The referenced MS article is for windows 2000. I have a single client being affected by this issue, though on windows xp. The referenced keys are currently set to 0 on the clients machine, but the problem persists. Using full version of EV client 7.0.1.2002, on a pptp connection. What change is suppose to be made to fix this error? 

Message Edited by Abriymoch on 06-04-200710:34 AM

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

I think one of the key changes by those reg keys to to enable IE to be working 'online' as opposed to offline by default.