cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Synchronize vault cache using Automatic Configuration Script.

Srinivasan
Level 4
Environment EV 8.0 SP2
Exchange Server 2007
Office 2007

Step 1
When using Proxy settings in IE and mentioning in Exceptions *.domainname.com.
Able to Synchronize the Vault Cache after giving credentials ( username and password).

Step 2
When using automatic configuration Script in IE and mentioning Exceptions in the script *.domainname.com
Not able to synchronize the vault cache after giving username and password. ( Vault cache synchronization failed)

Actions Taken

1.       Confirmed with script team and all other intranet sites are working using this automatic configuration Script. Only Vault cache unable to synchronize and prompts for password again and again.
2.       We have given all Fully qualified name of the EV server in the Automatic configuration script.  Still the problem persists.
Kindly help on this issue.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mincey_Heid
Level 2
We had a similar issue recently whereby users were being prompted for login credentials if we used the "Automatically detect settings" option in IE that resulted in using a wpad.dat file.

After thorough investigation we found that PAC/WPAD files are case sensitive. Somehow, somewhere and at sometime the EV client appears to make contact with the EV server and the URL information can be sent or received in either upper or lower case. (Symantec Support confirmed this)

I am not 100% sure when the failure starts, but we found by adding 2 lines to the WPAD file to convert all URL references to lowercase that the issue was resolved.

The two lines to adde at the start of the WPAD file are:

var lhost = host.toLowerCase();
host = lhost;

The background can be found in this very handy website:

http://www.returnproxy.com/proxypac/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=83

or by going to www.returnproxy.com/proxypac and then clicking on the "PAC File Tricks and Tips" link.

Hopefully this helps someone else as it took us several days and lots of hours to find a cause and solution for this issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
call in to support because this strongly reminds me of an issue that was uncovered not so long ago regarding automatic configuration scripts
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Srinivasan
Level 4
Automatic configuration script is a pac file... We haved added the Exceptions as given below.. Is there any thing need to add in pac file..

if (shExpMatch(host,"*.domainname.com"))
      return "DIRECT";

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

again, i'm not entirely sure what the issues were regarding the ACS/PAC, but i do remember there were some issues, hence why i would suggest calling support

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Srinivasan
Level 4
Ok fine. Let me check with support Team.

Mincey_Heid
Level 2
We had a similar issue recently whereby users were being prompted for login credentials if we used the "Automatically detect settings" option in IE that resulted in using a wpad.dat file.

After thorough investigation we found that PAC/WPAD files are case sensitive. Somehow, somewhere and at sometime the EV client appears to make contact with the EV server and the URL information can be sent or received in either upper or lower case. (Symantec Support confirmed this)

I am not 100% sure when the failure starts, but we found by adding 2 lines to the WPAD file to convert all URL references to lowercase that the issue was resolved.

The two lines to adde at the start of the WPAD file are:

var lhost = host.toLowerCase();
host = lhost;

The background can be found in this very handy website:

http://www.returnproxy.com/proxypac/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=83

or by going to www.returnproxy.com/proxypac and then clicking on the "PAC File Tricks and Tips" link.

Hopefully this helps someone else as it took us several days and lots of hours to find a cause and solution for this issue.