cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journaling Task keeps failing

lcastricone
Level 3

I have a journaling task set up in our organization.  We have 2 Exchange 2007 servers within our domain.  The journaling task was set up and operating fine.  However, it started failing last week and I am unable to get it working properly since then.  The only event being logged into the logs in the application log is Event ID: 1000 and category (100) Faulting application JournalTask.EXE version 7.5.0.1250, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.1433, fault address 0x00014c23.  And, within the Enterprise Vault log is Category Archive Task and Event ID: 3196 An error has occurred whilst synchronizing the properties of mailbox (mailbox name) on Exchange server (Exchange Server).  Error:  No policy information recorded for this mailbox.  Provisioning synchronization may be required.

I have been researching this issue in Symantec support, and all over the internet and have not been able to find a solution.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you tried zapping the Mailbox?

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

create a new mail store on the same exchange server and move the mailbox to the new mailstore

This has the same effect as deleting and recreating the mailbox 

tsab911
Level 2
Partner
Hello all, was this solved by zapping the journaling MBX? I have the exact same issue and multiple Journaling MBXes...