cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to restore have not selected an archived items

Gary_Sikorski
Level 3
We are running Enterprise Vault 5 on a Windows 2003 server. Currently experiencing a problem trying to restore a couple emails from the vault. The following error message appears.

Unable to restore because you have not selected an archived items.
Please select at least one archived item and try again.

The email shows that it is archived and has an attachment that needs to be recovered. When I try to manually archive it (just had to try it) it says that the item is already archived. It's bizarre as some emails restore fine, but for some reason the ones that are need can't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
that was what I thought you would say. The shortcuts are stuck pending restore. Couple things i can think of.

1. hightlight the message and click Tools>Enterprise Vault> Cancel operation.
2. Download Outlook Spy and change the messageclass to IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
What is the message class of the item in question? add the messageclass column and see what it says. Can you double click the item and view it and if so does it have a banner? Additionally, can you use the WebApp to search for it and see if it restores that way?

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Gary,
I would recommend using the archive explorer to see if the item is actually in the vault. In this way you'd at least establish if you were having an archive retrieval problem, or an archive problem. :) Also, check the log for any critical EV events and let us know what they are.

micah

Gary_Sikorski
Level 3
I have checked the message class and it says IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut.RestoreMe which I think is not a good sign.

(BTW I am new to Enterprise Vault and Windows - Novell background - Just moved to Windows recently). I can open the email and see the archived attachment banner if that's what you mean. As for the WebApp we could never get that working (Even the guys that installed it and are our 3rd level support can't get it working - standard response the upgrade should fix it) ;)

Gary_Sikorski
Level 3
i don't think that it's a retrieval problem as the majority of emails work. The event viewer came with this error

Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server. The server is:
{F4D3EB5B-C7C5-11D1-90DB-0000F879BE6A}
The user is XXXX/XXXXX, SID=S-1-5-21-2000478354-725345543-682003330-3608.

The event ID is 10002 Type : Error Source : DCOM

TonySterling
that was what I thought you would say. The shortcuts are stuck pending restore. Couple things i can think of.

1. hightlight the message and click Tools>Enterprise Vault> Cancel operation.
2. Download Outlook Spy and change the messageclass to IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut.

Gary_Sikorski
Level 3
Thanks, that worked.

Though I have another question that springs from this one. I am not sure if it should be a new thread or a continuation of this one? If new happy to close and create a new one.

How this started, it a user has owner rights of another mailbox (at the outlook level) and tried to restore from vault but came up with the problem. The mailbox appears under the mail tab and is able to see all the folders. Under the Exchange Advanced - Mailbox rights on the server side they have full mailbox access.

They are under the belief that they could do this before. What I would like to know can this be done? If so what rights do I have to give for this to happen.

To resolve the issue temporarily I setup at the users PC use another profile, and recovered that way. That worked, but is a nuisance as they don't want to keep swapping to recover archived emails.