cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade and Move or Vice Versa?

Telegram_Sam
Level 4
Hi,
We are running EV 7.0 SP2 (7.0-RG2133) and would like to upgrade to EV 2007 asap.  To complicate matters and the real reason for this post is that my company will be relocating to a new HQ in April 08.  The new HQ will have a completely new IT infrastructure  and will have a new subnet within our existing network.

EV is planned to be one of the first items to be relocated and as our Exchange system is hosted there are no changes in IP addresses for Exchange.  I am relatively new to EV and I am a little nervous about the move and hence this post. 

So my questions are...
  • Should I upgrade EV before the move?
  • Has anyone any tips or suggestions, or better still has anyone gone through a similar process?

Thanks in advance for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
As far as I understand, EV will move to the new subned and get a new IP, correct?

Then add the new IP of the EV Server to the Intranet Zone in EV, and verify that all Aliases etc. are pointing to the correct (new) IP.

It should be straight forward.

I'd wait with the upgrade until you have completed the move.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Telegram_Sam
Level 4
Just to add to my previous post...

Hardware will remain the same, so in theory we are just changing the IP addresses of our EV servers and SQL Servers.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
As far as I understand, EV will move to the new subned and get a new IP, correct?

Then add the new IP of the EV Server to the Intranet Zone in EV, and verify that all Aliases etc. are pointing to the correct (new) IP.

It should be straight forward.

I'd wait with the upgrade until you have completed the move.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.